Although a lot of women skip the bandana because they think that it’s too masculine of an accessory, there are actually a lot of ways you can wear a bandana and still come out looking feminine and chic. Celebrities like Rihanna and Cher Lloyd are often seen wearing bandanas and this piece of accessory is what makes their overall outfits look more put together and complete.
Some ways to wear a bandana are not only chic and fashionable but are very functional as well. This means that other than making your outfit look more complete, it can also do something for you like protect you from pollution and the like. Here are 5 chic ways to wear bandanas:
Red bandana on blonde hair looks beautiful
- Wear it like a headband – to wear your bandana as a headband, simple fold it like a triangle and roll then out it around your head and tie the ends under your hair by the nape. It’s really easy and handy for when you’re outside and it gets really windy and the wind starts blowing your hair to your face and you don’t have a headband.
- Wear it like a bonnet – this bandana style is very common and it’s simple and easy to do as well. take one corner of your bandana and fold it over to the opposite corner to form a triangular shape then put it over your head and tie the ends to secure it. You can choose to let the tied ends stick out or you can also keep it under your hair.
- Wear it as a face mask – this is another easy way to wear your bandana, ladies. Fold your bandana like you would if you were to wear it like a bonnet. This time, though, put it on your face, just right above the nose. Tie the ends at the back. This is an ideal alternative when you don’t have a face mask and you want to protect yourself from dust and pollution when you’re outside or when you’re cleaning the house.
- Wear it like a wrist band – bandanas can also be worn as wristbands. fold your bandana flat until you have just a narrow strip left and wrap it around your wrist. This style is ideal if you’re going for a hip look.
- Wear it as an edgier, retro-looking headband – if you’ve ever seen Rihanna wear a bandana as a headband, you’ll know what a retro rockabilly look is. Basically, it’s a vintage look and one of the best accessories that go perfectly with it is a bandana. To recreate the retro rockabilly look, just do your hair into any vintage hairstyle like pin curls or pompadour, roll up your bandana and put it around your head like you would your regular bandana headband but this time, you will tie the ends at the top of your head.
There are a lot more ways you can wear your bandana and make it look chic so do not be afraid to experiment with different looks.